Assignment 3; HushFirefly (tied with PK)

| Thursday, August 26, 2010

Rose fluttered her thick lashes and then twirled around in front of the mirror. "Hello jail bait!" What was Medusa thinking? She thought at the baby doll dress, lollipop and pigtail hairstyle, not to mention the girly set. She picked up the notes she had been given for the shoot. It only revealed the name of the perfume and a little slogan. "When being yourself isn't an option, there is always the power of Illusion." Rose read to herself. "Well, that's not bad. But what to do with what she's given me?" She was then distracted by a couple making out behind the dressing curtain. "I was wondering..." Rose said casually as she exposed the two. "Would you two like to be in the picture with me?" They both quickly recovered from their embarrassment, enthusiastic to be famous. Rose snapped her fingers at whoever was around. "You, make her look like me and you, put him in a sailor suit!" "I don't think we have-" "Then find an equivalent!"
Rose spotted Medusa arriving, cigarette hanging from her mouth. "My, my! Look at the big bad wolf. Who would ever dare cross you?" She smirked as she took a drag. "Still holding a grudge about framing you for murder?" Medusa exhaled smoke into her face for an answer. "Charming. So Illusion, great name." "Thank you." "I would have gone with Athena personally." Medusa's hair hissed. "Oh silly me, she's the one that gave you that fabulous hair. How embarrassing!" "Think you've seen everything don't you?" Rose beamed. "Yeah, that's kinda what I do. Face it, anything you put me in, I still end up looking good." Medusa smiled, baring her teeth. "Well, I better let you go be perfect again." Rose watched her go. "That was a smart thing to do Rose." She muttered and spent the next ten minutes setting things up. "Now just stay here with your eyes closed until I say to open them." She whispered to the girl. "One more thing, is he your boyfriend or husband?" "My fiance." "Okay Rose we're shooting!" Rose got herself settled and then called out "Open". Naturally the girl went berserk at the sight of her fiance all over Rose, especially as he was using her name.

The ringing woke Rose up out of her peaceful slumber. "This just has to be Medusa." "Mmm how did you know?" "It's my day off." Rose stretched her arm out and was met with an empty hotel bed. She looked over to the sailor suit on the floor. "How rude." "What?" "Bedroom etiquette." "Kids these days. No respect." Rose rubbed her eyes. "So what evil plan have you got for me today?" Medusa laughed. "I would call it your lucky day. Underworld is doing a special edition of my competition and after your little stunt last week, they want you for the cover." Rose screwed up her nose. "I'm waiting for the master plan but I don't hear it." "The journalist will be there in about one minute." "Late for an interview? You can do better than that Medusa." "Mmmm I must be slipping." The line went dead, then a knock on the hotel door. Rose grabbed a pre-conjured pouch from the bedside table. "Ready in seconds. A girls best friend!" Rose took her time answering the door. "Murder Rose I'm-" The journalist faulted. "Oh, did I catch you at a bad time?" Rose smiled and smoothed the silky material of her dress. "You caught me at the best time."
Rose closed the door after he left and sighed in content. "How could they not be impressed after that interview?" She decided on a tranquil bath as a treat but that was short lived as she caught her reflection in the mirror. She quickly pushed the coffee table over and drew a circle around herself. Stepping out she chanted a name. The room grew dark and black smoke started to rise from the circle. "Knock it off Chauncy." Everything stopped and a figure of different shades of flesh stood before her. "Oh, it's you Rose. I see you've got a new hair style." Rose cringed. "Show me the cover of the August issue of Underworld." "That's it? You're going to waste my time with that?" "Do it!" Chauncy bowed then immediately hesitated. "I don't think you should see this." "Show me the cover Chauncy!" Chauncy dropped the cover in her lap.

She took in everything, nausea washed over her at the tacky photoshopped background. "She switched my pouches." Chauncy leaned forward. "Rose? You okay?" Rose waved her hand "Go." She rubbed the edge of the circle with her foot, breaking the spell. Chauncy, along with the cover shot, disappeared. She went to the bar, grabbed a bottle of scotch and retreated back to the couch. She unscrewed and lifted the bottle as if toasting the air. "Well played Medusa." Rose downed the honey-brown liquid in a matter of seconds and buried her head in the couch.

Scores:

Round 1: Style: Oooh, Hello Kitty. She looks cute and kinda reminds me of Ashley Tisdale. 55/50

Presentation: Loved your idea. Very original 55/50

Round 2: Style: Lol, love the cow head and the dress. Very original idea. 55/50

Presentation: Loved this idea. It was original and loved how you used the other contestants entries for your mag cover. 55/50

Total Score: 110

0 comments: